Travel industry is one of the sectors that are most affected by this difficult period. Closing of the borders, disrupted flights, and developments related to COVID-19 caused airline companies to have a troubled period. Nowadays, Turkey and other countries entered a normalization period. The reopening of the borders of many countries and the fact that flights are starting again is a sign for this! So, what are the preventions of COVID-19 on airlines? If you are curious about the answer to these questions, it is useful to take a look at the rest of our article 🙂
Preventions of COVID-19 on Airlines | Turkey
Being the airline that serves more countries than any other in the world, Turkish Airlines continued its activities in the COVID-19 period to provide its guests a safe and comfortable travel. Let’s take a look at Turkish Airlines’ preventions of COVID-19:
- In order to minimize physical contact, all cabin baggage, other than personal and valuable items, will be received during the check-in process as registered baggage.
- Use of HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) on the airplanes which can remove 99.97% of all particles whose diameter is up to 0.3 microns in the air.
- Travelers are being provided with a “Hygiene Kit” consisting of a mask, an antiseptic tissue and a hand sanitizer.
- In the meals, new standards have been set up with different concepts, offering packaged and single use only products, depending on the duration of the flight.
In addition, you can examine other measures Turkish Airlines has taken via this link.
Due to the restrictions imposed under the COVID-19 pandemic, Pegasus Airlines had suspended international flights. After these restrictions, their first international flight was to Germany on 13th June 2020 and started flights to other European countries gradually as of 15th June 2020. However, Pegasus Airlines’ preventions of COVID-19 are as follows:
- Pegasus, like Turkish Airlines, started using HEPA type of filters that have high efficiency in aircraft. Thus, the best possible air quality is achieved in the cabin, and all the air in the aircraft cabinchanges completely every 3 minutes.
- Teams disinfect planesbefore travel.
- To minimize contact and ensure a healthy flight, purchases within the aircraft are carried out only with a credit card.
- Cabin baggage will not be accepted into the aircraft;it will be delivered with the check-in baggage allowance.
Preventions of COVID-19 on Other Airlines
Emirates is the first airline to conduct on-site rapid pre-flight COVID-19 tests. They have taken several COVID-19 measures to ensure its customers’ and employees’ safety on the ground and in the air. Some of those are:
- Distribution of free hygiene kits, including masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and antibacterial wipes.
- They removed magazines and other printed reading materials within the scope of the measures, moreover modified food and beverage services.
- Temporarily suspension of Emirates Lounge and Chauffeur-drive service.
These are just a few of Emirates Airlines’ preventions of COVID-19, you can find more detailed information via this link.
Cathay Pacific announced its COVID-19 measures with a program called Cathay Care. This way, it provides all its passengers the privilege of flying safely at every stage of their journey: from check-in to the cabin. Some of the preventions are as follows:
- They are among the airlines that use the HEPA filter to ensure the best air circulation in the aircraft.
- They minimize physical contact by offering contactless check-in and boarding experience.
- Mandatory face coverings throughout the flight for both passengers and the cabin crew.
- All surfaces on the plane are thoroughlysanitized between every flight.
If you are wondering about other preventions of COVID-19 that we couldn’t mention here, click this link!
Finally, you can also check out our article about the Preventions of COVID-19 on Hotels to plan your travels accordingly!