Summer has come, flights have started, and we start travelling again! Yet, the biggest question is: How will we trust to the hotels we stay? Well, here are some good news! First of all, we want you to know that hotels did come up with some preventions during this period in order to protect their guests’ health at the best level and make them feel safe. You want to travel but have doubts about whether adequate precautions have been taken? Then definitely check out this article in which you will find more about preventions of COVID-19 on hotels!
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world’s leading luxury hospitality company, announced an enhanced health and safety program at its properties worldwide. Hotel stands out with its innovations regarding the preventions of COVID-19. So, here are some examples:
- Has entered into a consulting agreement with Johns Hopkins Medicine International in order to find the most up-to-date information on health and safety decisions during the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grounded in the principles of care, trust and service, the Lead With Care program has been implemented by dedicated teams at Four Seasons properties around the world.
- Lead With Care kits placed in each guest room providing masks, hand sanitizer and sanitization wipes.
- Social distancing measures embedded in all services for guest protection, including appropriately spaced fitness equipment, modified spa menu and services, contactless check-in and housekeeping services.
For further information about property reopenings and current facility availability, including any temporary changes to property offerings you can check this link.
Closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, Shangri-La Group is following guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and respective local health agencies where they have operations. Here are some of their practices for the preventions of COVID-19:
- Increased frequency of sanitization of all public areas, washrooms and high-touch surfaces
- Increased spacing or alternate exercise equipment and machines in use to practice safe distancing at gyms.
- Extensive familiarization and trainings, especially those in guest-facing roles, on COVID-19 specific safety and sanitation protocols developed in close cooperation with their partner Diversey.
- As precautionary measure, guests’ temperatures will be recorded on arrival.
You can discover more about the measures taken and their cancellation waiver via this link.
During the COVID-19 period, Hilton Hotels came up with a new motto: “A cleaner stay from check-in to check-out”. In line with that, they created the Hilton CleanStay program partnering with RB. Some of the measures taken for preventions of COVID-19 under this program are as follows:
- Sanitizer stations are available throughout the property and at all elevators.
- Dining areas are spaced out for social distancing; some brands will still offer to-go options instead of seated.
- Digital check-in through Hilton Honors app for a contactless arrival experience.
There are way more preventions of COVID-19 on Hilton Hotels that we didn’t mention above, but you can check them via this link!
Consisting of more than 5,000 hotel brands including Fairmont, Raffles, Rixos, Swissôtel, Ibis and Novotel, Accor Hotels has started a program called ALL Stay Well. Here are some of the examples for the prevention of COVID-19:
- Contactless checkout via email, text message, telephone or television.
- 48 hour “resting period” between guest stays, followed by cleaning and disinfection.
- Removal of coffee & water station; bottled water available from front desk.
- Lounge chairs, sun umbrellas and lifeguard stands disinfected after each use.
These are just some of the preventions of COVID-19 on Accor Hotels. If want to learn more about the others, check this link!
Finally, we will take a look at HYATT Hotels’ preventions of COVID-19 in our article. Like many other hotels, they have launched a program that will offer customers less contact and more safety: Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment. Some of the measures are as follows:
- Sanitizer stations were placed prominently throughout the hotel.
- Some products that are frequently contacted in guest rooms started to be changed frequently.
- With the new and improved digital possibilities in the World of Hyatt application, they enable guests to easily perform many operations: Less contact!
- Mobile check-in/check-out and To-Go food order options offered to customers.
If you want to discover more about the measures taken by HYATT Hotels during COVID-19, take a look at this link!